Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tragically not Hip enough to draw Gord

Alright.... so I stepped away from the last drawing really irritated with what I drew... analyzing the crap out of it, and decided the only thing to do was to start over and do a better Gord Downie because the whole point of drawing him was to do a tribute to The Tragically Hip..... cuz I can't wait to see them again..... and obviously the last drawing looks like no one I've ever seen.... BUT now I'm even more irritated because he still doesn't look like Gord and I can't figure out why...... so if yous guys can tell me where I went wrong that would be totally awesome!! Or better yet if any of yas wanted to do your own Gord's would love to see how you guys approach him. He's freakin hard to draw while he's gimpin out on stage!

6 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Dan Elder said...

the second one is definatly better in all general areas.. I like it when you do these peices there so unuiqe to Jarvis its awesome... I might get poo poo'ed on for saying this but whatever. Im not getting a Grod vibe from it.. but the way you do these drawing is so crazy I don't even think I can give you advice on how to improve it... all I can say is its not lookin like him yet....keep pushin always a fan

-DAN-

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

Thanks Dan! No one one will poo on you for that..... just always looking for helpful critiques.... if I want a compliment on my art I'll ask my mom.... but I'm lookin to all you artists to actually help me out!
Cheers!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I know I'm not an artist, but I googled a picture of Gord Downie, and this is what I think. Needs more happiness & joy in the face. The way that you've drawn him reminds me of someone of african descent, not caucasian. Eyes are closed, but not squished closed (lines on the outside of the eyes makes me think that he's pressing his eyes together really tightly) and more neck....not to mention "the world needs more cowbell"...so maybe throw in a cow bell or two.

Hope this helps!
-Not Mom.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mattstro Disastro said...

kathy's right. Even when Gord is wailing his heart out, he's smiling about it. turn the corners of the mouth up and show off those sexy crow's feet. Listen to "Birds" while you're at it, that song has some moments when you can just imagine the goofiest, happiest grin on his face.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Geoff Leonard said...

that is freakin awesom cj!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Sean Galloway said...

you have wonderful work, caroline! im posting more onmy 'got cheeks' blog now if ya ever cruise the blogs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home