Friday, March 17, 2006

A Couple Random Characters

A lot of people get caught up in needing to have a particular style.... I get bored too easily though. My most successful sketches tend to come right after I've sat down with 3 or 4 books in front of me (like the Art of Steven Silver or the Hirschfeld's Hollywood books) or done an hour of quick sketches from the Looney Tunes DVDs, then I just sit and tackle my sketchbook for a while and see what gets spiewed out.

I'm a huge fan of the Fairly Odd Parents... the designs are comical, good symbol animation, and I'm definitely a fan of the writing.... I was just messin around here for a character to use in a lipsync.

11 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Craig Mackay said...

Ok, that octopus is freakin' rad. Awesome characters on this blog!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

Thanks pal!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Steve Stark said...

Super COol!! I like the drawings alot!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger R.A. MacNeil said...

Nice stuff. I really like the octopus.

-Ryan

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

hey, thanks for stopping by, i am liking your sketches, do you work in Halifax for an animation company?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey great sketches Caroline.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Awesome designs love them an thanks so much for the kind word it's appreciated take care

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger K.B. said...

Great approach to your art. Too many people do get bogged down with their style and don't grow beyond that. You are right to keep trying new things outside your comfort zone.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

Hey thanks for checking out my work guys! Yeah these are all mine. If you see anything I can push even further, would welcome those comments too. I'm not attached to any of my work.... it's all landfill in the end.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Geoff Leonard said...

Hey CJ I want to link your blogg to my site. can I use your Fairly odd parrents girl as a reference link?

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger LafeSpace said...

very cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home