Monday, December 04, 2006

JSB Rockin in Hali


I FINALLY got to see Jimmy Swift Band again...... Did they ever rock the Attic! What a Great show! The energy they put into their songs is extraordinary! If you haven't heard their songs check out http://www.thejimmyswiftband.com/ and listen to their tunes. The talent is sick!

This ink sketch is inspired by a pic I found online of Mike MacDougall their Bass Player. He actually looks much nicer than this in person, but the photo had a great angle and a fun evil attitude. I'm thinking of doing a little tribute to the local music scene, like I did for the old school rockers. There's so much great talent coming out of Nova Scotia.... my personal favs include JSB, Slowcoaster, Carmen Townsend, Wintersleep .... to name a few.... there's soooo many more....

.... and speaking of Slowcoaster, check 'em out at the Attic this coming weekend ..... You'd think they were all paying me for the plugs....... nope.... I'm just a sucker for talent!

Peace out.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Mitchel Kennedy said...

Can't say I like Wintersleep too much... but Slowcoaster is awesome! And Carmen Townsend has really nice hair... and a nice voice at that.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Mitchel Kennedy said...

PS: One time I was at the movies and I was going on and on about Carmen being hot. I didn't realize that she was sitting right behind me with her boyfriend. Whoops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home